Sporadically Sara: Thanks Mom
With Mother’s Day approaching on Sunday I would like to thank my own Mother for a few things…
1. Thank you for always being there for me.
2. Thank you for always listening to me when I need you.
3. Thank you for understanding me, even when I don’t.
4. Thank you for teaching me to be patient. (I’m still working on this one.)
5. Thank you for always braiding my hair.
6. Thank you for coming to all of my volleyball games in high school.
7. Thank you for teaching me how to be a good sport, even more importantly how to be a gracious loser.
8. Thank you for making me take piano lessons.
9. Thank you for letting me be independent from the day I was born.
10. Thank you for somehow always knowing what is best for me even when I fight you all the way.
11. Thank you for not killing me when I got a tattoo.
12. Thank you for teaching me determination.
13. Thank you for not killing me when I was a teenager and thought I was always right. In fact, now that I look at it I was almost always wrong and you were right.
14. Thank you for my brother.
15. Thank you for going fishing with me and always catching more fish than me.
16. Thank you for making my favorite meal whenever I come home.
17. Sorry about that time John wrote on the wall in the bathroom. I swear that wasn’t me.
18. Thank you for my blue eyes.
19. Thank you for teaching me to be a giving person.
20. Thank you for making me work hard for things when I was a teenager so that I could appreciate everything I have.
21. Thank you for always letting us have a dog.
22. Thank you for being such a strong person.
23. Thank you for always putting John and I before anything else in life.
24. Thank you for teaching me how to make awesome pie crust….even though I still can’t get it right.
25. Thank you for not sending me to a boarding school that one time I got bleach on your new leather jacket.
26. Thank you for sending me cookies in the mail on Valentines Day.
27. Thank you for my love of reading.
28. Thank you for strongly encouraging me to get a job in high school. It taught me good work ethics that I still carry with me today.
29. Thank you for always being the sensible person in my life. As you know I like to go from 1 to 100 in about 2.5 seconds, but you never do that. You always look at things from every aspect possible and come up with the best solution for everyone. I still don’t know how you do this.
30. Thank you for supporting my shoe and purse addictions.
31. Thank you for always getting me a new Easter dress.
32. Thank you for always making me my watermelon cake for my birthday.
33. Thank you for helping me with my homework in high school. I don’t think I would have made it through grammar in English without you.
34. Thank you for doing a million things for John and I while still maintaining a beautiful home for us.
35. Thank you for teaching me that licorice is fat free so you can eat as much of it as you want.
35. Thank you for being our Mom.
This list could go on forever but we all know how much our moms mean to us. My Mom is no different; she is a truly incredible person, woman, wife, sister, aunt, godmother and mother. I have never met anyone stronger than my Mom. She has taken everything life has to throw at her and dealt with it all with grace and dignity. There is no one on this earth I trust, love and admire more than I do my Mom. Thanks, Mom, for making me who I am today. Thank you for never letting anyone or anything define who you are. Thank you for my life. I love you Mom and I hope you have a great Mother’s Day. I hope everyone has a great Mother’s Day, don’t let a day go by without letting your Mom know how much she means to you.
Please Enter Your Facebook App ID. Required for FB Comments. Click here for FB Comments Settings page