School board approves election results
Two members of the Rugby Public School District No. 5 Board of Education won re-election to their respective districts.
During their meeting Monday morning in the Rugby High School Library, the board canvassed and approved election results for precincts 3 and 4.
With 349 votes, Kristi Blessum won re-election to represent Precinct No. 3 – which comprises Barton, East Barton, South Valley, Finnigan, Spring Lake, Torgerson, Tofte and Meyer townships. Write-ins for the precinct were Karleen Blessum (1 vote) and Susan Selensky (1 vote).
With 357 votes, Carlie Johnson won re-election to represent Precinct No. 4 – which includes the city of Rugby. Write-ins for the precinct were Nicole Schneibel (13 votes), Carol Braaten (1 vote), David Halvorson (1 vote) and Cory Geiszler (1 vote).
Both Johnson and Kristi Blessum’s seats have three-year terms.
Board member Brenda Heilman was absent for the meeting.
(sub.) Other actions
During Monday’s meeting the board:
– Discussed building projects that are slated to occur this summer, a needs assessment report on Carl Perkins, and Soft Start guidelines.
– Approved reporting un-cashed checks to the state as unclaimed property.
– Approved a request from the Rugby Job Development Authority to support renewal of the Renaissance Zone.
– Approved a resolution to transfer $50,174.15 from the district’s Special Reserve fund. The Special Reserve fund is capped at 15 mills, and any excess must be transferred into either the general or building. The district will transfer the excess into its building fund to assist in covering leasing a modular classroom, roof repairs and building renovations.
– Approved the consent agenda, which included May meeting minutes, bills and financial statements.
School board meetings are typically held the second Tuesday of each month at 7 a.m., and the next one is slated for July 14.
Please Enter Your Facebook App ID. Required for FB Comments. Click here for FB Comments Settings page