Load limit restrictions in place
During a regular meeting Tuesday morning at the Pierce County Courthouse, county commissioners voted to impose load limit restrictions.
The restrictions include a speed limit on all county township roads, and how much weight per axle loads cannot exceed.
Loads are not to exceed 12,000 pounds on single-axles and 12,000 pounds per axle on tandem axles.
On the 2.5-mile stretch from Highway 3 to Selz, the speed limit will be 35 miles per hour. Speed limits will be 45 miles per hour on all other county township roads.
– The board met with Rockie & Jeanne Kukla to discuss a Jan. 16 letter from Pierce County State’s Attorney Galen Mack about fences in the right of way. A special meeting will be held March 26 at 10 a.m. with all parties to whom the letter was sent.
– The board approved entering into a funding agreement for providing clerk of court services with the North Dakota State Supreme Court for the 2021-23 biennium.
– The board approved a motion to add language on fraud prevention & investigation into the county’s manual and to appoint Auditor-Treasurer Karin Fursather, Commissioner Ashley Berg and Human Resources Consultant Tanya Wieler to a fraud risk assessment team. Each county department is to complete a fraud risk assessment annually.
– The board approved a call for bids for graveling and machine hire.
– The board approved an abatement application for Leonard & Theresa Wangler.
– The board approved transfers of $225 from the Sheriff’s Grant to the county’s general fund; and $2,033.91 from the Social Service fund to the Northern Prairie Human Service Zone.
– The board approved a purchase of $10,339 from ECI, out of Fargo, for door access upgrades needing to be done at the Heart of America Correctional & Treatment Center.
– The board approved February meeting minutes, bills, financial statements, treasurer’s checks and HACTC bills and financials.
Please Enter Your Facebook App ID. Required for FB Comments. Click here for FB Comments Settings page