City approves, denies grants
In a special meeting at noon Wednesday at Rugby’s City Hall, members of the Rugby City Council voted to approve a grant from the Souris Basin Planning Council for the city’s comprehensive land use plan, and to decline a grant for an application for Western Avenue road construction.
The SBPC’s committee had approved the city’s applications for the two projects and recommended $15,000 in community development block grant monies to go toward the comprehensive plan and $50,000 for Western Avenue road construction. If the city were to accept the recommended amounts in funding, the scope of work submitted in pre-applications would have to be completed, however no work could begin until the city received a release of funds from the state.
– Tribune Staff Report
County board approves LRDHU budget
In a regular meeting Tuesday morning, Pierce County Commissioners voted to approve, along with Ramsey, Benson and Eddy’s county commissions, the Lake Region District Health Unit’s budget for 2020.
All four boards met with Allen McKay, LRDHU administrator, via conference call.
Based on each county’s taxable valuations, $146,660 was requested from Pierce County for the health unit’s budget.
– The board met with new Courthouse/Memorial Hall custodian Dennis Lynnes.
– The board approved minimum sale prices for properties acquired via tax deed action.
– The board accepted fuel bids from Envision for diesel fuel (daily price less $0.14), propane ($0.99/gallon), and gasoline (net reduction from pump price, less $0.03/gallon).
– The board appointed Don Jelsing and Mike Ostrem as delegates to the State Fair Association annual meeting on Nov. 20, in Minot.
– The board approved September meeting minutes, bills, financial statements, treasurers checks and Heart of America Correctional & Treatment Center bills and financials.
Please Enter Your Facebook App ID. Required for FB Comments. Click here for FB Comments Settings page