Axtman a top 5 insurance producer
North Dakota Farmers Union Insurance based in Jamestown, ND announced that Zach Axtman of Rugby, was a top 5 producer of Supplemental Insurance Premiums for the month of May.
Walker a top 5 insurance producer
North Dakota Farmers Union Insurance based in Jamestown, ND announced that Christopher Walker of Rugby, was a top 5 producer of Supplemental Insurance Premiums for the month of May.
Beer, liquor ordinance changes get public comments
A public comment period was held Wednesday afternoon at Rugby City Hall in regards to language changes to the city’s beer and liquor ordinances.
In-city license holders in attendance were shown a PowerPoint presentation displaying changes to the beer ordinance only, as the language in the liquor ordinances mirror the beer ordinance.
– Mandatory server training within the city effective beginning Jan. 1, 2020.
– If an establishment has a first offense for violating ordinances or failing compliance checks, employees must re-complete a server training course within 90 days of the violation.
– If there is a second offense within a one-year period, an establishment will have its license revoked for three days (picked by the Chief of Police) and must pay a $500 fine.
– If there is a third offense within a two-year period, licenses will be revoked for 30 days and the fine will be $750.
– If there is a fourth offense within a five-year period, licenses will be revoked permanently.
– A written notice will be delivered to establishments within 24 hours of an ordinance violation.
Mayor Sue Steinke said the purpose of the meeting was for license holders and the Rugby Police Department to have input in the language.
Dawn Laughridge, of Gryphon Liquors, questioned how the changes in the ordinance came about, particularly mandatory server training.
Steve Mattern, of Northside Lounge, questioned what time frame a new employee would have in completing server training.
Kent Christenson, of the Clarence Larson American Legion Post No. 23, asked when the changes would be discussed next. Steinke said the next meeting of the city’s Ordinance committee would be Aug. 21 at 11 a.m.
Please Enter Your Facebook App ID. Required for FB Comments. Click here for FB Comments Settings page