County board meets with counselor
Earlier this year the Pierce County Board of County Commissioners approved support for a licensed clinical counselor providing mental health support services for the Rugby School District, Heart of America Correctional & Treatment Center and Pierce County Social Services.
During a regular meeting Tuesday morning at the Pierce County Courthouse, commissioners had a chance to meet with the person who’s held that position since August.
Dori Lennert informed the board that since she started her position in August she has seen over 30 students between Ely Elementary and Rugby High School; and 34 people at HACTC.
Rugby Public Schools Superintendent Mike McNeff said of the number of students who needed the service, “That’s a pretty substantial number.”
Social Services Director Melinda Bischoff Voeller said the services Lennert has been providing have been a “positive in many ways.”
“[It’s] another level of support we didn’t have,” said McNeff.
A followup report would be given to the board in the spring.
In a related motion, the board approved a support payment for shared services to the school district.
– The board approved beer and liquor license renewals for the Rugby Golf Club, Rugby Eagles and Larry’s Bar (Selz).
– The board approved a resolution sponsoring a community block grant for Selz’ lift station rehab.
– The board approved abatement applications for Ronnie Schmeets, Robert & Heidi Danielson, Wendell & Margery Humble, Dennis & Brenda Jundt, Roberta Marchand and Merlin Vig.
– The board appointed new District 3 Commissioner Ashley Berg to the Souris Basin Planning Council, and District 4 Commissioner Terry Hoffert to the Lake Region District Health Board.
– The board approve a $7,000 transfer from the general fund to the Heart of America Library elevator project.
– The board approved a motion to adopt the county’s Multi-Hazard Mitigation Plan.
– Sheriff Josh Siegler informed the board his department received 47 calls and made 11 arrests in November.
– HACTC Administrator Mike Graner informed the board the facility is currently housing 97 inmates and had a loss of $1,502.01 for October.
– The board approved November meeting minutes, bills, financial statements, HACTC bills and financials and treasurers checks.
Please Enter Your Facebook App ID. Required for FB Comments. Click here for FB Comments Settings page