4th Ward seat filled
Rugby’s fourth ward is back to being represented by two people on the Rugby City Council.
In a regular meeting Monday night the council voted to approve the nomination of Cody Melgaard for a vacant seat previously held by Mayor Sue Steinke.
Steinke administered the oath of office to Melgaard prior to him joining the already in progress meeting as a member.
Water related projects
Wade Senger, of Interstate Engineering, met with the council to discuss progress on the water treatment plant improvement and raw water line repair and replacement projects.
Senger informed the council that work on the raw water main is complete and that he was working on the financing-related paperwork. The council voted to approve change order that would reduce the contract on the project by $2,652.90 and also to approve paying $10,671.85 in retainage.
On the water treatment plant project, Senger informed the council that the new computers the council discussed for the SCADA system were not eligible for the MR&I Grant, as they were considered maintenance rather than capital improvement costs. Fosston, Minn.-based Integrated Processing Solutions quoted a price of $10,050 for the upgrade. Senger also informed the board that flow meters at Wells 1 & 2 (which are used to irrigate the Rugby Golf Course) would need additional calibration and the dialer is working, however software issues would need to be resolved. The council approved payment of a progressive estimate of $39,233.72. An estimated $1,000 would be left in retainage until work is finished on the flow meter and dialer issues.
– The council approved fuel bids from Hi-Way MVP, Envision and Harper Oil.
– The council approved liquor and beer license renewals for Rancho Grande, Lee’s Bar, Gryphon Liquors, Prairie Village Museum, Dakota Farms, Coffee Cottage, American Legion, Northside Lounge, I.C. Dubbles, Main Street Boutique, 3rd Street Station, and Cobblestone Inn.
– The council approved a raffle permit for the Barton Sportsman Club.
– The council approved the city’s 2019 calendar.
– The council approved November meeting minutes, bills and financial statements, the Municipal Judge’s report and Rugby Job Development Authority meeting minutes and financials.
Ward 1 Councilwoman Jackie Albrecht was absent for the meeting.
Please Enter Your Facebook App ID. Required for FB Comments. Click here for FB Comments Settings page