Council hears progress on water projects
In a meeting last Thursday evening at Rugby City Hall, Rugby City Council members learned about the progress on a water treatment plant and raw water line improvement projects.
The council met with Wade Senger, of Interstate Engineering, via conference call.
On the water treatment plant improvement project, Senger informed the council on a change order for $26,875 that would need to be approved. The change order would increase the contract from its original contract amount of $189,251.
The justification for the change order was that the integrated control system that had been programmed by another company was not working correctly. The change order would hire Integrated Process Solutions, of Fosston, Minn., to reprogram items in the plant. Samson Electric, the contractor on the project, hired IPS due to their “familiarity with the water treatment plant.”
The council approved the change order with all members present voting yes.
On the raw water line project, Senger informed the council that B&J Excavating would begin staging and work on the project would start this month.
Typically held on the first Monday of each month at 7:30 p.m., the meeting had been rescheduled due to the Labor Day holiday.
– The council passed the first readings of Ordinances 412, 413 and 414. Ordinance No. 412 pertains to the 2019 budget; 413 deals with the city’s job development authority and 414 deals with controlling tall grass and weeds.
– The council approved abatement applications for Michael & Ashley Houim and Elmer Boucher.
– The council approved a gaming site authorization for the Rugby Jaycees for games of chance at 3rd Street Station and I.C. Dubbles.
– The council approved local permits for the Northern Lights Lions, Heart of America Medical Auxiliary and the Miss Rugby Scholarship Organization.
– The council approved August meeting minutes, bills and financial statements and the Municipal Judge’s report.
Please Enter Your Facebook App ID. Required for FB Comments. Click here for FB Comments Settings page