North Dakotans invited to school safety forums
State School Superintendent Kirsten Baesler announced Tuesday that a group of North Dakota organizations will host six School Safety Community Listening Forums across the state in August.
The forums are being organized by the Department of Public Instruction, the North Dakota School Boards Association, the state Council of Educational Leaders, North Dakota United, North Dakota Small Organized Schools, the state Association of Counties, the Highway Patrol, the state departments of human services and emergency services, and the governor’s office.
Baesler said the listening sessions will give North Dakotans an opportunity to voice their opinions about school safety, and offer suggestions about any improvements that may be needed.
The first forum will be held Tuesday, Aug. 14, at the Horizon Middle School auditorium in Bismarck, Baesler said. Five subsequent forums will be held in Dickinson, Williston, Fargo, Valley City and Rugby. All of the forums will begin at 5:30 p.m. local time and end at 7 p.m.
Below is the schedule for the six listening forums:
– Tuesday, Aug. 14: BISMARCK, Horizon Middle School auditorium, 500 Ash Coulee Drive
– Wednesday, Aug. 22: DICKINSON, Dickinson High School, Risser Auditorium, 979 13th Ave. West
– Thursday, Aug. 23: WILLISTON, Williston High School auditorium, 4200 32nd St. West
– Monday, Aug. 27: FARGO, South High School theater, 1840 15th Ave. South. Please enter on the 17th Avenue side, which is closer to the theater.
– Tuesday, Aug. 28: VALLEY CITY, Valley City High School auditorium, use door No. 6, 460 Central Ave. North
– Thursday, Aug. 30: RUGBY, Rugby High School auditorium, 1123 S. Main Ave.
– N.D. Department of Public Instruction
Please Enter Your Facebook App ID. Required for FB Comments. Click here for FB Comments Settings page