HACTC profits in May
Revenues exceeded expenses for the month of May at the Heart of America Correctional & Treatment Center.
HACTC Admininstrator Mike Graner informed the Pierce County Board of County Commissioners during their regular meeting Tuesday morning that HACTC accrued $216,342.93 in revenues and $214,810.21 in expenses in May, leading to a profit of $1,532.72.
Graner said 100 inmates are currently in the facility. The average daily population in June was 100 inmates.
Graner informed the board HACTC underwent an on-site Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) audit, which was completed June 6-7, and was awaiting an initial report. The Department of Corrections & Rehabilitation will conduct an inspection of the facility this month.
The board approved HACTC bills and financial statements.
– The board approved a resolution from the N.D. Public Employees Retirement System to join their life insurance plan and offer it to eligible county employees.
– The board re-appointed District 2 Commissioner Mike Christenson to the county weed board.
– The board met with Pierce County NDSU Extension Agent Yolanda Schmidt and Extension Central District Director Ron Wiederholt to discuss the high points of the State Board of Agricultural Research & Education’s (SBARE) review of NDSU Extension. Wiederholt said the review found that Extension was “doing what [it’s] supposed to be doing”.
– The board approved the pledge of assets from area banks.
– The board approved abatement applications for Frank Schumacker and Lore Tuff.
– Sheriff Josh Siegler informed the board his department received 57 calls in June.
– The board approved June meeting minutes, bills, financial statements and treasurer’s checks.
Please Enter Your Facebook App ID. Required for FB Comments. Click here for FB Comments Settings page