HACTC sees loss in February
Expenses exceeded revenues at the Heart of America Correctional & Treatment Center in February.
HACTC Administrator Mike Graner informed the Pierce County Board of County Commissioners during their regular meeting Tuesday morning that the facility took in $230,523.55 in revenue in February, but also incurred $250,500.14 in expenses, which meant a $19,976.59 loss for the month.
In February the average daily population at the facility was 111 inmates. In March it was 102, and is over 100 currently.
Graner informed the board that the facility has 24 of 24 officer positions filled, and there was one significant incident.
The board, with Jessica Tagestad of Wold Engineering, opened bids for reshaping and graveling for the county major collection route from the county line near Knox and north five miles.
The board voted to accept the bid from Knife River Materials, which was the lowest at $256,236.75. B&J Excavating was the second-lowest at $267,964.25. Park Construction Company was the highest bid, coming in at $325,054.50.
The board also voted to accept clay and gravel and machine hire bids for the construction season, and all bids for culverts.
– The board approved conditional use permits for Fisher Sand & Gravel for a gravel mining operation; Gowan Construction for borrow pits; and Mayo Construction for a temporary hot mix plant.
– The board approved abatement applications for Jerrod Brossart, Brian Thompson, Linda Axtman and Donald Roerick.
– Sheriff Josh Siegler informed the board the Sheriff’s Office received 40 calls in March; one part-time dispatcher was hired and a new deputy will start May 1. Siegler also gave the board three proposals for a new copier at the Law Enforcement Center. The board approved purchasing a Sharp MX-3050 from Gaffaney’s in Minot for $4,963.
– The board approved a motion authorizing Chairman Dave Migler to sign final project certification letters to the N.D. Department of Transportation for six road projects.
– The board cast a proxy vote for Scott Ouradnik to serve on the N.D. Insurance Reserve Board.
– The board approved March meeting minutes, bills, financial statements and treasurers checks.
Please Enter Your Facebook App ID. Required for FB Comments. Click here for FB Comments Settings page