School board approves second readings
Second readings for three policies were unanimously approved in a regular meeting of the Rugby Public School District No. 5 Board of Education Tuesday morning.
Second readings were approved for website accessibility; website accessibility grievance; and fund balance policies.
The accessibility policy mandates that any new and existing content on the school district website must meet Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, and that the technology director will review and evaluate new material published by District staff and uploaded. Only District staff who have received website accessibility training can upload content, but the technology director can also assist staff with publishing or uploading. The technology director also reviews all areas of the district’s website on a periodic basis, and at least once per quarter.
The grievance policy mandates that complaints or grievances regarding inaccessible content on the district website must be made directly to a school administrator, who then informs the technology director. The technology director or a designated individual must complete an investigation of the complaint within 15 working days and after the investigation is complete must prepare a report of the findings within five working days after completion of the investigation. Complainants must be contacted no later than 10 working days of the accessibility coordinator’s receipt of the information, and upon completion of the investigation.
The fund balance policy creates new fund balance classifications to be in compliance with Governmental Accounting Standards Board reporting guidelines, which include assigned, committed, non-spendable, restricted and unassigned. The district must maintain a minimum assigned general fund balance that is between 10 to 25 percent of its annual budget.
The first readings for all three policies were approved during the February meeting.
– The board approved the second reading of the 2018-19 school calendar. Classes are slated to start Aug. 22, 2018, and the last day of school is slated for May 23, 2019.
– The board approved administrative contracts for Superintendent Mike McNeff, Ely Elementary Principal Jason Gullickson, Rugby High School Principal Jared Blikre, Business Manager Dawn Hauck, Athletic Director Scott Grochow and Technology Coordinator Jennifer Zachmeier.
– The board approved McNeff’s formal evaluation.
– The board approved date changes for summer meetings. Due to board elections, the June meeting was pushed from the first Tuesday to June 11. The next meeting after that is scheduled for July 17. After that, a meeting is scheduled for Aug. 7.
– The board approved the consent agenda, which included February meeting minutes, bills and financial reports.
– The board discussed the shared behavioral health position between the school district, Pierce County Social Services and the Heart of America Correctional & Treatment Center; the Striving Readers grant; and the Legislator K-12 Education Funding Mastery Series.
Please Enter Your Facebook App ID. Required for FB Comments. Click here for FB Comments Settings page