Council approves JDA board resolution
During a regular meeting Monday evening, the Rugby City Council approved a resolution that amended the original resolution to create the Rugby Job Development Authority.
Resolution 2017-5 amends language in Resolution 1988-6, which was passed on May 2, 1988. The new resolution changes the number of how many members are on the JDA board of directors from nine to up to 20.
– The council denied a raffle permit request from North Dakota Attack a traveling Amateur Athletic Union basketball program, and approved a raffle permit request for the Barton Sportsmens Club.
– The council approved beer & wine and liquor license renewals for 2018 for the Coffee Cottage, Lee’s Bar, Rancho Grande, I.C. Dubbles, the American Legion Club, Main Street Boutique, Cobblestone Inn & Suites, Northside Lounge, 3rd Street Station, Gryphon Liquors, and Dakota Farms.
– The council approved a request from the Rugby Park Board, represented at the meeting by Mark Voeller, to construct an outdoor skating rink.
– The council approved fuel bids from Envision, Tesoro and Harper Oil.
– The council approved November meeting minutes, bills and financial statements and the Municipal Judge’s report.
Ward 1 Councilman Bruce Allen Rheault was absent for the meeting.
Please Enter Your Facebook App ID. Required for FB Comments. Click here for FB Comments Settings page