HACTC showing another profitable month
Profitability trends at the Heart of America Correctional & Treatment Center continued in August.
HACTC Administrator Mike Graner informed Pierce County commissioners during their regular board meeting Tuesday morning that the facility had a profit that of $29,395.17 in August. As of Sept. 29 the year-to-date profit was $177,161.61.
HACTC had a profit of $27,416.91 for the month of July, which was up from June ($25,775.17).
Graner informed the board that the average daily population at HACTC in September was 115 inmates; and that 23 of 24 positions were staffed.
– With no one present to give comment at a final public hearing, the board approved the county’s final budget for fiscal year 2018.
– Jessica Tagestad, of Wold Engineering, met with the board to discuss county road projects.
– Sheriff Josh Siegler informed the board the Sheriff’s Office received 52 calls in September.
– The board approved appointing Robyn Arnold and Don Jelsing as Pierce County delegates to the N.D. State Fair.
– The board approved fund transfers of $6,046 from the Wireless fund to the E9-1-1 fund, and $100,000 from County Poor Relief to Social Welfare.
– The board approved payments of $50,144.86 to Border States Paving and $13,133.66 to Knife River Materials for work on road projects.
– The board accepted a resignation from Sharon Harmel, who was working as the county’s magistrate.
– The board approved setting minimum sale prices on delinquent properties in county.
– The board accepted bids for propane at $0.99 per gallon and gasoline at a reduction from pump price from Envision.
– The board approved September meeting minutes, bills and financial statements, treasurer’s checks, and HACTC bills and financials.
Please Enter Your Facebook App ID. Required for FB Comments. Click here for FB Comments Settings page