×
×
homepage logo

College Student News

By Staff | Jun 26, 2015

Rugby Student Receives MSUM Scholarship

Anne Schmaltz has received a $500 Upper Class Scholarship from Minnesota State University Moorhead. Schmaltz is the child of Blaine and Susan Schmaltz, Rugby, N.D.

The Upper Class Scholarship is available to students pursuing their first undergraduate degree who have completed at least 12 MSUM semester credits by the end of the fall semester with a GPA of 3.25 or higher.

Minnesota State University Moorhead is a comprehensive regional university enrolling approximately 7,400 students. MSUM offers 69 undergraduate majors with 95 different emphases and options, 16 areas of pre professional studies, 13 graduate degree programs, and 31 areas of teacher licensure preparation. MSU Moorhead is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system.

For more information about MSU Moorhead, visit www.mnstate.edu.

– MSUM

Christianson to Attend U of J

ReeAnn Christianson, of Rugby, has been accepted to the University of Jamestown beginning in the fall of 2015. She is the daughter of Steven and Renae Christianson.

Christianson is a graduate of Rugby High School, where she was active in student council, FFA, speech, drama, band, volleyball, basketball, golf, cross-country, National Honor Society, Sources of Strength, and Catholic Youth Organization. She will be receiving a Presidential Scholarship and a band award from the University of Jamestown.

At the University of Jamestown, Christianson intends to major in biology. She also intends to take part in the band program. She is a welcome addition to the University of Jamestown family.

The University of Jamestown was established in 1883 and is ranked as a top tier regional school in US News and World Report and a top Midwestern school in The Princeton Review. The school features development of the whole person through its distinctive Journey to Success experience.

– University of Jamestown

Correction

In the list of area college graduates (June 13, 2015 edition, page 4), three names were missed in the spring graduates for North Dakota State University.

Knox: Brittany Fritel, BS, family and consumer science education

Rolette: Micala Ann Scholz, bachelor of science in nursing

Wolford: Crystal Starr, MS, Food Safety

Please Enter Your Facebook App ID. Required for FB Comments. Click here for FB Comments Settings page