×
×
homepage logo

Flames Engulf Rugby Home

By Staff | Jun 5, 2015

JT Pelt/PCT Rugby Fire Department might be volunteer but the work doesn’t stop.

On Monday, June 1st there was fire at 401 2nd Street SE. Jamie Lee, owner of the property, was summoned to the scene from his place of employment in Minot. While flames licked at the upstairs windows spewing smoke that could be seen through the town of Rugby, Jamie exclaimed “This sucks”, when asked how he felt about seeing his home slowly succumb to the fire. Rugby’s volunteer firefighters valiantly battled the morning blaze for more than three hours, ultimately removing the roof of the house to assist in putting out the persistent fire. No one was hurt in the fire, with Jamie only residing at the property when he is in town working on the interior of the home. The property’s main structure, the house, is a complete loss, but the garage, according to Jamie the homeowner, might be salvageable with the extent of the damage possibly being contained to only smoke damage.

The immediate neighbor to the east of the property may have also sustained damage from the heat generated by the fire, with the eaves of his roof seemingly bowing since the fire.

The cause of the fire has yet to be determined but it has been speculated that it might be electrical in nature. The circumstance of the fire is being investigated by the fire marshal.

Please Enter Your Facebook App ID. Required for FB Comments. Click here for FB Comments Settings page