Grandson Issues Challenge on Behalf of Grandpa Koenig
Speaking on behalf of his grandpa, who is local Rugby farmer Mark Koenig, Tucky has made a challenge to all farmers. He is challenging them to match his $250.00 donation to the Relay for Life Organization.
What Is Relay For Life? According to their web site, each year, more than 4 million people in over 20 countries raise much-needed funds and awareness to save lives from cancer through the Relay For Life movement. It is a time to celebrate, During a Relay event, participants and survivors celebrate what they’ve overcome. It is a time to remember. We remember people lost to the disease, and honor people who have fought or are fighting cancer. It is a time to fight back; The event inspires Relay participants to take action against a disease that has taken too much.
The challenge was made on the local radio station in Rugby, KZZJ on their morning show “Coffee Break”, and the challenge is resonating around the community. There are not many people who haven’t been touched some way, some how by this horrific disease. Whether it is a family member, friend, or co-worker everyone knows someone that cancer has altered their life. “We are at war with this disease” to quote Grandpa Farmer Koenig “and we need to cut its head off!” As Grandpa Farmer Koenig has done in the past he sees a problem., he cares and he steps up to be counted.
The challenge has been made and the fight is on. The American Cancer Society outlines 5 reasons to fight:
1) You Believe We Can Beat This Disease. Whether you’re joining the fight to end cancer for a parent, a spouse, a friend or a child, everyone has their personal reasons for taking action. What we all share is the belief that we can end this terrible disease if we work together. We didn’t get to where we are on our own. We got here because of millions of people who know that we can finish this fight. Help Now
2) You Can See It’s Working. Because of the donations, involvement, and healthy choices of people like you, we have helped contribute to a 20 percent drop in cancer death rates since the early 1990s. That means that together we’ve helped save nearly 1.2 million lives from cancer during that time. But we’re not done yet. Help Now
3) You Know Cancer Hates Noise. Over the last 100 years, we’ve learned that cancer hates noise. It hates people like us taking action. And while the disease still claims 1,500 lives a day in the United States, you can change that by getting loud by signing up for a local fundraising event, speaking out for access to quality health care for all, helping fund the next research breakthrough, or spreading the word to friends and family. Silence won’t finish the fight, only action will. Help Now
4) You’re Ready to Put Us Out of Business. One hundred years ago, the American Cancer Society began the fight of a lifetime. Since then, we’ve been helping transform cancer from deadly to treatable to preventable. We’ve played a role in nearly every cancer research breakthrough in recent history, helping create a world with less cancer and more birthdays. Let’s make this cancer’s last century. Help Now
5) We’ve Probably Helped Someone You Know. We have a presence in more than 5,100 communities, and we have helped millions of cancer patients and their families stay strong throughout their journey whether it’s a free ride, a place to stay when treatment is far from home, support from our 24-7 phone line, or guidance on tough medical decisions from a trained volunteer who has been there. We have a century of experience being a responsible, responsive, and innovative organization, and we raise nearly all of our money through private individual donations. Help Now
To make your donation contact Laurie Odden the Community Manager for Relay For Life at 701.776.5935 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Get engaged, get involved, time is of the essence.
Please Enter Your Facebook App ID. Required for FB Comments. Click here for FB Comments Settings page