Fire damages trailer home
A furnace fire at a home in the Parkland Trailer Court in Rugby on Oct. 26 caused moderate damage.
The fire at 921 Parkland Drive was reported around 4:30 p.m. and four units and about a dozen firefighters from the Rugby Fire Department responded. Firefighters worked to take the furnace vent off the roof and pour water on hot spots. The flue was completely plugged, according to the department’s report.
No one was inside the home at the time of the fire, according to Gary Kraft, fire chief. The home belonged to Joe Axtman, according to the report.
Work was being done on the furnace as tools were found near it, Kraft added.
According to the fire report, a neighbor tried to extinguish the fire using a garden hose before fire officials arrived.
This was the second trailer fire in Parkland Court in the past two and a half months, and oddly enough, the two structures were next to each other. On August 12, a faulty extension cord plugged into an air conditioner was to blame for a fire reported at 925 Parkland Drive.
Please Enter Your Facebook App ID. Required for FB Comments. Click here for FB Comments Settings page