– Sheridan Brook Lawrence, Towner, pleaded guilty to an A misdemeanor charge of failure to appear as a witness or to produce information. Northeast Judicial District Court Judge Michael Hurly ordered Lawrence to complete 20 hours of community service and serve 30 days at the Heart of America Correctional and Treatment Center with 30 days suspended and credit for five days served. Lawrence was also ordered to pay $350 in total fees.
– Philbert Longie, Belcourt, pleaded guilty to a C felony charge of burglary, related to a theft of property at the Rugby Home of Economy store. Hurly ordered Longie to serve a five-year term at the North Dakota State Penitentiary, first serving a three-year sentence, then two years of probation and pay fees, some of them jointly with Janine Dubois, a co-defendant in his case.
– Janine Patricia DuBois, Jamestown, pleaded guilty to a C felony charge of conspiracy to commit theft – $1,000-$10,000. Hurly sentenced DuBois to a four-year term with the North Dakota Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, first serving 18 months and then serving three years of supervised probation. Hurly also ordered DuBois to pay $524.01 in restitution jointly with Longie. Additionally, DuBois was ordered not to come within 50 feet of Home of Economy of Rugby. Total fees for DuBois amounted to $1,049.01.
– Kenneth Mattern, Rugby, pleaded guilty to a B misdemeanor charge of violating a burn ban. Hurly deferred the imposition of a sentence for Mattern on the condition that he violates no laws between May 3 and Nov. 3, 2021. Hurly also ordered Mattern to pay $250 in fees.
– Wendy Marie Morin, Dunseith, pleaded guilty to an A misdemeanor charge of failure to appear as a witness or to produce information. Hurly ordered Morin to serve 30 days at HACTC, with 17 days suspended, 360 days of probation and credit for 13 days served. Morin was also ordered to complete 20 hours of community service and pay $25 in fees.
Please Enter Your Facebook App ID. Required for FB Comments. Click here for FB Comments Settings page